Great, so you just read How to Set up APN Settings on your phone, now you need to add the specific information of T-Mobile in order to get you surfing. Either if your phone is Android OS, iOS or Windows Phone, you will still need to add this very same information on your phone.
Anyway, please read below for a Step by Step Guide on how to Set up the T-Mobile APN Settings. Please notice that these steps on how to get to the settings in this article are referenced for an Android phone. If you are using other operative system, you can find How to Set Up iPhone APN Settings and How to Set up Windows phone APN Settings guide as well.
- From your home screen, go to the APPs Screen
- Go to Settings
- Go to Mobile Networks
- Go to Access Point Names (APN)
- If available, select your Carrier APN from the list of Carriers that may appear.
- If your carrier does not show up in the list, or if the list is empty, then you will have to manually add the APN.
- Tab “ADD” in order to create a new APN
- Fill in the items listed with T-Mobile information.
a. Name T-Mobile US LTE
b. APN fast.t-mobile.com
c. Proxy “leave it blank”
d. Port “leave it blank”
e. Username “leave it blank”
f. Password “leave it blank”
g. Server “leave it blank”
h. MMSC http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
i. Multimedia message proxy “leave it blank”
j. Multimedia message port “leave it blank”
k. MMS protocol WAP 2.0
l. MCC 310
m. MNC 260
n. APN type “leave it blank” Or it could also be: “Internet+MMS”
o. APN protocol: IPv4/IPv6
p. APN roaming protocol IPv4
q. Bearer Unspecified
r. Enable/disable APN: “leave it blank unless there are multiple APN’s”
- Go back to the Access Point Names list and make sure that the new APN you just added appears in the list
- Select the APN you just created
- Then exit from settings and you should be good to go.
- Check if the Data icon of your phone is displayed (it is located in the right upper corner of your phone, next to the hour display)
- Try using internet. If it works right away then just continue to surf.
- If not, check again if the new APN you created is selected and restart your phone