Straight Talk MMS Issue – How to Fix it?
Straight Talk MMS Issue – How to Fix it?. Here is another one of our HowTo series to help you solve one of the most common issues that Straight Talk users are currently facing: They can’t text – Cannot send or receive MMS on straight talk network. For some users, they can send but not receive and for others, it’s the other way around, in conclusion, there is any issue and we’re here to help you solve it!
Just as a clarification, this article is especially for those people who are able to use their data on the phone: navigate the internet, use Facebook, YouTube, etc. But cannot send or receive Multimedia Text Messages. If this is not your case, please review setup the Correct Straight Talk APN Settings
As the first troubleshooting step, I suggest you to review and make sure you do have the correct Straight Talk APN Settings configured in your phone. Bear in mind that there are two networks that offer Straight Talk services: ATT and T-Mobile and they both have different parameters for the APN.
If the APN and MMS Settings are setup properly, then we should verify the setting within the application used for handling Messages in your phone. Are you using the native text application or you are using a 3rd party software (Textra SMS, Hangout, Go SMS Pro). If you are using the native application, then I would suggest you to download one of those applications mentioned above, personally I like Textra SMS. Anyways, either you install it now and you’ve already been using a 3rd party application, please check the APN which is stored in the Settings menu inside the application, and compare it to the correct APN settings we’ve provided you in the link above.
Straight Talk MMS Issue – Textra SMS
- Verify you have a valid Data plan and is Enabled
- Double check the correct Straight Talk APN & MMS Settings are configured
- Install a 3Rd party MMS Text Application
- Review APN Settings inside the 3rd party app.
This normally fixes 99% of the MMS Issues on Straight Talk, but if you are the remaining 1%, We suggest you to leave us a comment and we’ll help to deep dive and see what else is wrong on your Straight Talk APN MMS Settings. Ah.. one final note, if you recently ported your service from another operator, sometimes you might need to wait a couple of days and once the data replicates over this issue will disappear automatically, Strange but it happens!